Patagonia Men's Rio Gallegos Waders - Long
Our highest-performing, most durable and feature-rich waterproof/breathable waders, with a trimmer upper-body fit that still allows easy layering.
- H2No™ Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell with proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for venting or quick relief without having to remove jacket; full elastic belt
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming eliminates seams from highest-wear points on inside of legs
- Interior organization: welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket flips out for easy access; two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: reach-through handwarmer pocket; large chest pocket with horizontal water-resistant zipper; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper on suspenders allows easy access to tools or nippers
- Articulated legs; removable foam knee pads
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume, a more sock-like fit and are poly-grid lined for additional warmth and comfort; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- 1219 g (43 oz)
H2No™ Performance Standard shell.
Upper: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta.
Lower: 4-layer, 9.1-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta.
Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape.
Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice