Merchandise Processor, Day ShiftFull time | Skill Based Pay - JF
Location:Reno Service Center, NV
Date: May 2019
Job Title: Merchandise Processor
Location: Reno Service Center
Reports to: Shipping Manager
6:30 am – 3 pm (picking), 7:30 am – 4 pm (packing/shipping)
The Merchandise Processor position performs multiple tasks and processes associated with the order fulfillment operations of the Patagonia Reno Service Center. Following are brief descriptions of each of the functions.
Essential Job Functions:
The picking of merchandise for the four divisions of Patagonia; Mail Order, Retail, Wholesale and International. Matching pick label information with item hang tag info. Making sure pick items are placed on conveyor belts at appropriate times. Responsibilities also include helping to train new employees and temporary employees, removing empty cartons, straps, plastic, etc. and placing them in the appropriate recycling container or on the empty carton conveyor.
Placing picked merchandise onto the tilt tray sorter to be delivered and sorted to one of the pack stations. Ongoing and consistent communication with the picking and packing departments on progress of “wave” induction. Additional responsibilities include training those new to induction, collecting, correcting and delivering mis-picked items as well as general housekeeping.
The packing of outbound orders for each division of Patagonia. Packing product for each customer requires attention to detail, accuracy and critical thinking to make sure each carton is packed to the customer’s/dealer’s requirements. and the ability responsibilities include changing shipping methods when necessary, gift bagging for Mail Order customers, tagging and/or de-tagging of merchandise as well as general housekeeping.
Resolving problem orders in packing. Working in conjunction with the Packing Facilitator and Inventory Control to resolve any problem orders in a timely manner.
The shipping of outbound orders. This includes but is not limited to palletizing, wrapping, staging, and/or loading orders into appropriate shipping areas/trailers. Additional responsibilities include shipping miscellaneous packages (e.g. returns) and the delivery of store pickup orders. The Shipper(s) will also be responsible for insuring that all orders packed that day, are also shipped. Once that has been determined, the Shipper will initiate “billing” in PkMS. Other responsibilities include the loading of all outbound carriers and trailers, as well as general housekeeping.
Value Added Service (VAS)
Hanging and stickering various products for dealers that require these services.
- Ability to work closely and communicate with others in a team-oriented approach.
- Good organizational skills and flexibility in a changing work environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be able to keenly discern colors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and follow all safety rules.
- A self-starter.
- Willingness to help out in other areas/departments during slow work periods.
- Must be willing to work other days of the week if necessary.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as seasonal volume may affect the number of hours (higher/lower) necessary to complete the workload for the day.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. safely.
- Ability to consistently climb stairs and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.