Outdoor Gear Retail Repair AdministratorFull time | Sewing
Location:Bowery, NY Store
The Outdoor Gear Retail Repair Administrator is responsible for performing administrative tasks and customer service required in the retail repairs department. This service is a significant part of Patagonia’s service strategy and not only adds long term value to our products but keeps the story of the garment going for the customer. Sometimes we are repairing memories as well as clothes. This position requires providing a complete repairs experience for our customers with Patagonia’s level of customer service.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they approach the repairs intake counter
- Utilize the tools and training provided by the company to develop repair discussions, resulting in long-term customer relationships and increased promotion of repairs
- Determine the specific needs of each person that approaches the counter and provide appropriate service
- Work as a team member within the department to uphold quality, communication, and turn time standards for our customers and other retail stores
- Handle product repairs in a way that demonstrates the spirit of our mission statement, the ‘Ironclad Guarantee’ and ‘Worn Wear’
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Must be willing to find creative solutions to problems
- Apply the same standards to all phone and written inquiries
- Timely and accurate processing of incoming and outgoing repairs
- Consistent reporting and tracking of incoming, outgoing and completed repairs
- Maintain all processes and records involved in shipping/receiving, inventory of items and trims
- Manage the daily task calendar including repair appointments, contacting customers, and organizing repairs for increased productivity
Repairs and Environmental Activism:
- Utilize training provided by the company to perform high quality on the spot repairs including: Tenacious Tape patching, zipper slider replacements, snaps and buttons, luggage hard trims and more
- Understand and follow Patagonia environmental principles
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Participate in environmental events or campaigns with the retail team
- Maintain up to date education on Patagonia’s current events in repairs standards, environmental activism, and product information
- Ascending or descending stairs using feet and legs. Hands and arms may be used for balance (e.g., to hold a railing).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Adaptability – able to adapt to different training styles, and learning new skills to support the overall productivity of the department
- Must contribute to a positive work environment
- Able to work a 40-hour week
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office software suite
- Must have excellent typing and written communication skills
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Must be comfortable working in a retail environment
- Must be comfortable working with diverse personalities and large groups
- Sewing experience is a plus
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of our products and the activities they are used for
- Desire to promote sustainability and environmentalism
“It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.