Cafe Associate, SeasonalPart time | Café Services
Job Title: Café Associate, Seasonal
Reports to: Chef/Manager of the Cafe
Location: Ventura, California
The Café Associate is part of a team responsible for ensuring high standards of efficiency, cleanliness, food quality and general services offered by the Company’s Café and attuned to the Company’s mission statement. The Café Associate is key to driving the best service experience possible while being a forward-thinking team player. Such general responsibilities will include: cash register operation, customer service, brewing coffee, receiving orders, and assisting in dining room stocking and cleanliness. High standards of cleanliness and sanitation must be kept and a Food Handler’s Card is required or can be obtained. This role requires strong communication and teamwork skills, as well as flexibility with a varied schedule and assigned work duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate the register point of sale, with accurate accounting of cash at opening and closing.
- Stock drinks, snacks, and other service materials, brew coffee, and receive orders.
- Maintain clean and well-organized back-stock area, and communicate any needs.
- Assist in meal period changes, clean and sanitize surfaces, sweep and mop as required.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness at all times.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Resolve complex customer service issues and navigate general Café operations while maintaining composure and follow up with necessary parties.
- Proactively increase knowledge of the company, menu and products.
- Report to work on time or notify in advance if absent or late.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock
- Ability to work in a small physical space that can be loud at times.
- Ability to regularly perform Cafe maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service in person, writing and on the phone.
- Previous food service experience and working knowledge of food safety and handling regulations.
- Accurate cash register and money handling skills.
- Computer and office skills (phone, word processing, printing)
- Proactive, positive, self-starter, and a team player.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.