Manager, Financial Planning & AnalysisFull time | Finance Operations
Job Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Reports to: Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Ventura, CA
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis provides planning, reporting and analytical support for business operations, strategic planning, and general business decision-making. They create and enhance analysis and data reporting, highlighting key metrics, in support of the Company’s Senior Management, the Finance team, and a variety of cross-functional areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Sales organization with financial modeling of revenue performance and forecast projections to enable better decision-making and scenario evaluation, as well as providing performance metrics to measure success.
- Provide decision support, analysis and financial modeling of SG&A and Capital Expenditures to functional managers across the organization.
- Manage the budgeting process with assigned functional managers – providing trends and analysis of historical spending, reviewing/analyzing spending proposals, preparing analysis to reduce or control spending, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an on-going forecasting process for functional managers.
- Work with international finance managers to better integrate the finance teams and develop consistency in financial reporting, implementing budgeting and forecasting processes, share best practices, etc.
- Provide analytical support related to the strategic planning process with the Company’s management team.
- Develop and produce timely operational dashboard reporting, high-lighting key metrics, and business trends to support insightful decision-making.
- Develop & prepare monthly & quarterly financial reporting management meetings, Board of Directors meetings, etc. and in support of general business decision-making.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assist with various ad-hoc projects as required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
- 7+ year’s progressive experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or Operational Finance.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, data structure and data elements, with an ability to extract and manipulate large and complex data sets.
- Advanced experience in all MS Office programs.
- Proficiency in a variety of ERP, Financial Reporting, Product Planning and BI systems desired (ERP - MS Dynamics AX, BI - Cognos, Product Line Management - Flex PLM/Windchill).
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to support diverse objectives within a multi-channel Company, maximizing synergies.
- Demonstrates initiative is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.