Patagonia Women's Pipe Down Jacket
Designed for low-bulk warmth and compressibility, the Pipe Down Jacket has a soft and supple H2No™ Performance Standard 2-layer shell for waterproof/breathable and windproof protection, 700-fill-power Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from used down products) for all-day warmth, and the fully-dialed, descent-oriented features you need for charging laps on those cold powder days.
- Durable H2No™ Performance Standard 2-layer recycled polyester twill weave with waterproof/breathable protection; insulated with 700-fill-power Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products), which is warm and highly compressible
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with low-profile visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; soft microfleece panel at chin to eliminate chafing
- Pit zips quickly release heat; articulated arms for mobility
- Removable, lightweight stretch-woven powder skirt; snap-secured webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: two welted handwarmers, one chest with cable routing, one internal stash. One internal drop-in for goggles or gloves
- Handwarmer pockets have a brushed lining for comfort and warmth, hem adjustment exits through front pockets
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 1038 g (36.6 oz)
H2No™ Performance Standard shell: 2-layer, 5-oz 75-denier 100% recycled polyester twill with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Lining: 2.2-oz 100% polyester plain weave.
Powder skirt: 3.7-oz 91% recycled polyester/9% elastane.
Insulation: 700-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products)View The Footprint Chronicles
100% Recycled Down
There’s a huge upside when you can turn waste into something beautiful; we’re doing that with Recycled Down. It’s a mix of either 600- or 700-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. The reclaimed down is washed, using detergent and thermal water at 34 degrees Celsius, then dried at 135 degrees Celsius (20 minutes longer than the industry standard), making it hypoallergenic. Recycled Down offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice