Patagonia Men's Powder Bowl Jacket
Built with a 100% recycled polyester GORE-TEX® face fabric, the Powder Bowl Jacket provides tough, long-wearing waterproof/breathable and windproof protection for skiers and boarders who ride the mountain in all conditions. With a refined fit and clean styling, Powder Bowls are durable yet designed with ease of motion in mind.
- Tough, 2-layer recycled polyester GORE-TEX® fabric for durably waterproof/breathable and windproof protection; mesh lining wicks away moisture
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; tall collar protects neck and face even with hood down
- Drawcord on hem exits into handwarmers for easy adjustment
- Watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation reduce bulk and weight; pit zips quickly release heat; low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves
- Adjustable powder skirt can be cinched for a tight seal or lies flat when not in use. A webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: two handwarmers, one chest with secure media pocket with cable routing, one forearm, one interior zippered pocket with key clip and one interior drop-in
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 941 g (33.2 oz)
Shell: 2-layer, 4.6-oz 150-denier 100% recycled polyester GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Lining: (torso) 3.8-oz 100% brushed-polyester mesh; (sleeves) 3.8-oz 100% polyester mesh.
Powder skirt: 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester taffeta.
Fabric is certified as bluesign™ approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
The construction of 2-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A GORE-TEX® membrane is bonded to an outer material, then combined with a free-flowing lining. The benefit: a soft, lightweight garment that keeps you dry and lets you move freely.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice