Patagonia Men's Iron Forge Hemp™Canvas Ranch Jacket
Made from our innovative 12.9-oz Iron Forge Hemp™ canvas, which is 25% more abrasion resistant than conventional cotton duck canvas and needs no break-in, this rugged, insulated ranch jacket is built for hard work in the open air. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of durable 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton canvas, insulated with 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled)
- Zipper has an oversized metal pull for easy operation with work gloves or cold hands; placket has snap closures and protects finished surfaces from zipper
- Allows excellent freedom of movement through the upper body
- For added abrasion resistance and durability
- Lock out the cold
- Two pleated snap-closure chest pockets for expandable storage, with a pencil opening at the top of each flap; two lower handwarmer pockets with fleece lining
- Stash your phone, wallet, keys and other valuables
- 1,471 g (51.9 oz)
Body: 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton.
Lining: 100% recycled polyester.
Insulation: 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Collar: 100% organic cotton corduroy.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Patagonia workwear jackets have a roomy fit compared to many of our other styles. Jackets are cut bigger than standard for ease over body and to leave ample room for layering. Men who have a leaner build or don’t wear bulky layers may want to order workwear jackets one size smaller than usual.
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation, uses no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice