Patagonia Men's Stretch Planing Board Shorts - 20"
A performance-focused version of our tried-and-true Wavefarer® Board Shorts design, the light and fast-drying Stretch Planing Board Shorts offer a slimmer, more modern profile with minimal drag, 50+ UPF sun protection and highly functional 2-way mechanical stretch. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Made of quick-drying and superlight 100% recycled polyester with 2-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Grown-on waistband; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring
- Self-draining pocket on right hip has a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper with internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Notched outseam for ease of movement; inseam-free design helps eliminate chafing
- Hip pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Outseam is 20"; regular length provides a more traditional choice and greater sun protection for legs
- 113 g (4 oz)
2.8-oz 100% recycled polyester with 2-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewingView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management. Fair Trade is one of the first tools we’re using at Patagonia to raise workers’ wages, improve their standard of living and move them closer to earning a living wage.