Patagonia Women's RPS Rock Pants
Rock, Paper, Scissors: Better your odds with the cool and confident RPS Rock Pants. Our lightest synthetic pants for multipitch rock climbs keep you protected and moving fast.
- Light and breathable synthetic-blend fabric has modest stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Articulated pattern, darted knees and a gusseted crotch enhance movement and comfort under a harness
- Zip fly with OppoSet® adjustable waist creates a low-bulk, customized fit by simply holding the button while pulling the webbing tail to tighten
- Drop-in pockets have breathable mesh pocket bags and lay-flat construction for comfort under harness
- Two rear, top-entry pockets create a reinforced seat for added durability
- Right-thigh security zip pocket sits comfortably above the knee and below harness leg loops
- Cuffs adjust with an ultralow-profile shock cord and cord lock
- 238 g (8.4 oz)
4.5-oz 52% nylon (48% recycled)/48% polyester stretch plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice