Patagonia Ascensionist Pack 35L
The uber-functional Ascensionist Pack 35L is the Goldilocks of alpine climbing packs—big enough to get you into the mountains yet small enough so you can still climb efficiently.
- The tall spindrift collar has a dual closure that allows the pack to expand or collapse, depending on the load
- The internal hanging pocket keeps your small essentials organized and easily accessible
- Our adjustable ice axe‒carrying system keeps sharp ice tool tips covered; it accepts most tool shapes
- The adjustable, removable sternum strap easily accommodates layering changes
- Designed with modular, removable compression straps to provide maximum gear-carrying versatility and load stability
- You can remove the framesheet and the hipbelt pads to make the pack even lighter for the final summit bid
- The three-point, over-the-top rope-carrying system can be removed to further streamline the load
- 890 g (1 lb 15 oz)
Body: 5.8-oz 420-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop.
Collar: 2.2-oz 70-denier nylon ripstop with a silicone coating.
Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester.
All with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish for durability and water protection.
Body fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
890 g (1 lbs 15.4 oz)
25.5" x 12" x 5.5"
38L (2319 cu in)
bluesign™ Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign® technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice