Product Line Manager - WorkwearFull time | Product Line Management
Job Title: Product Line Manager - Workwear
Reports to: Business Unit Director of Workwear
Location: Ventura, CA
The Product Line Manager for Workwear assists the Business Unit Director in the development and delivery of a product line that increases revenue, gross margin and market share with a strategic assortment of best-in-class products. With their understanding of the Patagonia product range and business, the market, and key stakeholder insights, they leverage our internal product teams and resources to assist in delivering innovative products that resonate with our direct sales channels. The Product Line Manager is responsible for maintaining necessary and timely product, competitor, and market information in a manner that enables the Business Unit Director to effectively manage the Workwear collection and business. The Product Line Manager must enable design and development throughout the product creation process to achieve seasonal product goals and maintaining all systems and product marketing information related to the category. They assist the Business Unit Director with developing content for sales and marketing tools, merchandising strategies and other product planning needs essential for delivering seasonal product collections and communicating with the Company’s marketing and sales teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the Business Unit Director in delivering a globally-relevant line of best-in-class products that increase revenue, gross margin, and market share.
- With oversight from the Business Unit Director, engage the interdepartmental product team to drive workflow, operational priorities and actions towards deadlines on the seasonal Go-To-Market Calendar.
- Work with the Business Unit Director to deliver briefs and other forms of product communication to Design, Development, Marketing and Materials Teams.
- Oversee and manage relevant and current product, competitor, and market information to the Business Unit Director.
- Maintain the category line plan, retail pricing, color information and all relevant product information within the PLM system and necessary line planning, pre-lining and line review tools.
- Think critically to evaluate situations, make responsible decisions and drive projects to completion.
- Select and maintain category sales sample set.
- Work with design and development to ensure all products are fit correct, executed per the brief, and achieve costing and margin targets.
- In partnership with product creation team, help develop products that stay true to the Company’s design principles and initiatives.
- Develop strong working relationship with colleagues across teams and drive the product development process by enabling and empowering others.
- Facilitate presentations and discussions with global sales channels, buyers and key dealers to gather insights that inform product and line development.
Who You Are
- Passionate - for workwear and saving our planet
- Adaptable - able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Resilient - comfortable and confident through change management.
- Nimble - can move from strategic process to tactical execution and back seamlessly.
Experience You Bring
- College degree and MBA preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years sales, product or marketing experience in wholesale, retail or direct businesses.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to deliver presentations to large groups.
- Knowledge of product development process, merchandising and assortment planning.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong quantitative/analytic skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain schedules.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and make decisions with incomplete or qualitative data.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively- verbally, written and visually - with a wide variety of people.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.