CookFull time | Café Services
Location:Reno Service Center, NV
Job Title: Cook
Location: Reno, NV
Reports to: Manager of the Reno Café
The Cook is part of a small team who are all responsible for ensuring high standards of efficiency, cleanliness, food quality and general services offered by the Company’s Café. Such general responsibilities will include: food preparation of breakfast and lunch entrees, salad bar, Prepared Foods Case and inventory management. High standards of cleanliness and sanitation must be kept and a Food Handler’s card or ServSafe certified is required or can be obtained. Some dishwashing, cash register duties, and other such tasks as may be determined from time to time. This role requires some flexibility of hours but requires daily punctuality and attendance.
Monday - Thursday 11:30am-8pm and Friday, 7am-3:30pm.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assistance with breakfast and entree prep as directed by the Chef or Sous Chef.
• Prepare foods for the Grab and Go Case in a consistent manner while rotating and labeling product accordingly.
• Utilization of knife skills such as brunoise, julienne, and dicing. Knowledge and experience breaking down and portioning proteins is a plus.
• Working culinary knowledge of food preparations such as vegetable stock, salad dressings, grilling, braising, and various forms of thickening sauces.
• Daily, on-going, assistance with clean-up of all cafe areas which includes constant cleaning, continuous organization and deep cleaning of general dining space, refrigerators, freezers and storage areas.
• Assistance at the cash register as needed to ring up customers or field questions
• Stock all food selling areas such as snacks and drinks and assist in putting away supplies and weekly orders.
• Assist with Catering needs which may include preparation, execution, set up, breakdown, and follow up as needed.
• Learn all aspects of cafe duties so as to provide back up to other cafe employees and must exhibit strong teamwork skills.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, and carry for up to 50 feet.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Bending, lifting and chopping repetitively throughout the day.
• Ability to wash dishes for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work in a small physical space that can be loud at times.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• 2+ years high volume food prep experience desired.
• 2+ years high volume dishwashing experience desired.
• Working knowledge of food safety and handling regulations.
• Working knowledge and understanding of culinary basics.
• Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
• Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Casual and authentic culture
• Breakfast and lunch served daily in our organic café
• Onsite child care in the Truckee River Child Development Center
• Company-paid health coverage
• Vacation and sick time accrual, eight paid holidays, and “field days” to try out new Patagonia product
• 401(k) plan, company contribution to retirement savings plan
• Alternative transportation reimbursement
• Annual company ski trip to Mammoth (subsidized)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Free yoga classes onsite
• Massage reimbursement
• Onsite package/mailing service
• Paid environmental internships
• Generous employee discount
• Voted one of the Best Workplaces for Giving Back 2017, Best Workplaces for Working Parents 2016, Best Workplaces in Retail 2016, and 100 Best Companies to Work for in America
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with coworkers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.