Marketing Manager, Worn Wear & Tin ShedFull time | Global Marketing
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Worn Wear & Tin Shed
Reports to: Senior Director of Corporate Development
Location: Ventura, CA
The Manager will oversee marketing efforts for various Corporate Development initiatives, including Tin Shed Ventures, Worn Wear, and other activities. They will work with the broader Corporate Development, Worn Wear, and Patagonia Marketing teams to best position the above initiatives to achieve their individual goals and the broader corporate goals of Patagonia. The Manager will define the marketing strategy for Worn Wear, Tin Shed Ventures, and may serve as a marketing resource for Tin Shed Ventures portfolio companies, the Regenerative Organic Alliance, the Patagonia Case Competition, and other Corporate Development activities. The Manager will oversee the strategy, messaging, execution, and budgeting for these initiatives, and will be responsible for identifying key marketing initiatives and channels. They will play a critical role in driving awareness of Worn Wear initiatives (repair, recycle, reuse, trade-in, buying used) as well as the work of Tin Shed Ventures and the companies in which Tin Shed Ventures invests, with the goal of helping grow these programs.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Worn Wear leadership and broader Patagonia Marketing team to develop and maintain strategic marketing plan for Worn Wear to create unified messaging across retail, digital, PR, social, and other storytelling.
- Develop annual marketing budget to support various initiatives and marketing strategy
- Develop digital strategy aligned with overall strategy, including social media, digital media, search engine optimization, email, display advertising campaigns, and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Own and optimize digital marketing spend across all programs
- Manage a team of internal partners and external agencies to execute various digital strategies
- Provide weekly and monthly marketing dashboard with return on investment (ROI) and key performance indicators (KPIs) against pre-determined goals
- Identify marketing trends and creative growth opportunities to optimize marketing spend
- Collaborate with Patagonia Marketing and 3rd parties to improve WornWear.com and optimize user experience
Tin Shed Ventures
- Identify new and creative ways to tell the stories of Tin Shed Ventures and its portfolio companies
- Help Tin Shed Ventures portfolio companies develop and execute marketing strategies
- Identify conferences in 2019 to highlight Tin Shed Ventures and its portfolio companies
Regenerative Organic Certification
- Assist Regenerative Organic Alliance and Patagonia leadership with Regenerative Organic Certification marketing and communications efforts, as needed.
- Assist Worn Wear and Tin Shed leadership with other marketing and communications efforts, as needed.
Who You Are
- Strong demonstrated passion for Worn Wear and Tin Shed Ventures initiatives, and thorough knowledge of sustainability and corporate environmental initiatives.
- Individual must be a self-starter and be able to identify, develop and execute strategies which enhance the visibility of the company properties.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Individual must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong writing, communication and negotiation skills.
Experience You Bring
- B.A./B.S. in Business, Marketing, Analytical, or a related field.
- 5-10+ years’ experience in marketing/creative direction and/or digital marketing.
- Understanding of the multi-channel business model and how search optimization fits into the picture.
- Solid understanding of relevant KPIs for this role along with the tools needed to measure and analyze campaign performance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Must be able to sit, stand and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.