Manager of Performance, Talent and Succession PlanningFull time | HR
Job Title: Manager of Performance, Talent and Succession Planning
Reports To: Head of Talent Management, Compensation, & Workforce Analytics
Location: Ventura, CA
This role will lead several critical bodies of work within the Patagonia HR – Talent Services team, a department within the Human Resource function at Patagonia, responsible for inventing, improving, and deploying global talent tools, technology, and programs in the areas of learning and leadership development, performance, talent & succession management, compensation, and workforce analytics. As a critical member of the team, this role will head global performance, talent & succession management, including the design and implementation of programs and the continuous improvement and adoption of tools across the enterprise.
What You'll Do
- Design and continually implement a program to enable employee performance, including tools to ensure employee know what to work on and how they are doing
- Monitor and understand external trends on the future of job and work design and measurement of human performance to guide internal program improvements
- Design and continually improve a program to assess and identify internal talent with significant potential to increase their future value and contribution
- Develop and implement global talent and succession processes that close talent gaps, and increase readiness throughout key talent pipelines and critical roles
- Create a measurement strategy to evaluate the effectiveness of global talent and succession processes and guide continuous improvement
- Influence leaders across the organization to adopt and execute the talent and succession program and ensure the program creates organizational value
- Identify and oversee the implementation of digital systems and/or tools that support employee performance, talent and succession management.
- Drive adoption of tools across the enterprise and continuously refine tool design so they are further embedded into the natural flow of work
- Oversee change management, communications and training to educate the leaders, managers and employees on all performance, talent & succession tools
- Partner closely with the compensation function to execute the fiscal year-end performance and bonus awards processes.
- Partner with other members of the HR-Talent Services team to connect programs and tools into a broader integrated talent management system
- Partner with other members of the HR-Talent Services team to integrate data from performance and talent programs and tools into broader workforce analytics projects in order to drive insights and better talent decision making
- Continue to build subject matter expertise in job and work design and performance management and talent management techniques and tools
- Partner with providers/vendors of talent & performance management services
- Educate other members of the Human Resource team on best and next practices in work design and performance management and how to implement and support the existing programs and tools at Patagonia
- Performs all other duties as assigned to support the HR-Talent Services team
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in performance and talent management or related functions
- Expert in use of Microsoft Excel to manage and manipulate employee data
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills; able to see the broad implication of decisions and use data to make effective judgements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; presents accurately and clearly in both verbal and written communications across a variety of formats
- Excellent customer service and collaboration skills; listens carefully to customers’ needs, responsive, and able to build lasting partnerships at all levels in the Company
- High degree of openness to change; not bound by convention when solving problems or finding new and better ways of doing things.
- Strong project management and time management skills; able to balance and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Exhibits a growth mindset; open to coaching and feedback from others demonstrates a strong desire to continually learn and improve his/her skills and actions.
- Action oriented; able to be proactive and move projects forward without the need for continuous motivation or direction.
- Lives and breathes the mission and values of the company
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Management / Leadership Studies, or similar
- 8+ years of experience in talent or performance management or related functions
- Experience implementing a performance management software program / tools
- Demonstrated expertise / thought leadership in performance or talent management
- Knowledge of research methods and experience with program evaluation
- Working knowledge of applied statistics and psychometrics
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and busy work environment.
- On an as-needed basis, ability to travel domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.