Outdoor Gear Repair Specialist, Swing ShiftFull time | Sewing
Location:Reno Service Center, NV
Job Title: Outdoor Gear Repair Specialist, Swing Shift
Reports to: Repair Supervisor, Swing Shift
Location: Reno, NV
Schedule: Swing Shift 3:30pm to 1am, Sunday - Thursday
The job of Outdoor Gear Repair Specialist is responsible for performing repairs on technical outerwear, apparel, and bags that meet both quality and productivity standards established for the department. This service is a significant part of Patagonia’s service strategy and not only adds long term value to our products but keeps the story of the garment going for the customer. Sometimes we are repairing memories as well as clothes. The work must be done to exacting standards with sewing skill, experience and concern for our customer’s needs. The repairs department has a robust training program.
Skills acquired after one year:
- Skilled operation of specialty industrial sewing machines
- The technical knowledge of how to repair the following:
- Mountain sports, ski and technical gear
- Backpacks and luggage
- Lightweight casual sports apparel and accessories
- Waders and fishing apparel
- Down insulated jackets
- Master of all zipper replacements!
- Basic sewing machine maintenance and troubleshooting
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform high quality repairs using industrial sewing equipment
- Work as a team member in the Repair department to uphold quality, communication, and turn time standards
- Complete 22 repairs per week after the first year
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Must be willing to find creative solutions to problems
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment
- Must be comfortable working with diverse personalities and large groups
- Must be willing to be trained in new skills as needed
- Must contribute to a positive work environment
- Ascending or descending stairs using feet and legs. Hands and arms may be used for balance (e.g., to hold a railing).
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Adaptability – able to adapt to different training styles, methods of construction and think outside the box.
- A positive attitude
- Able to work a 40-hour week
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office software suite
- Basic sewing skills – Basic straight stitch machine operation
- Machine repair and maintenance is a plus
- Knowledge of our products and the activities they are used for
“It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.