E-Commerce Marketing AnalystFull time | Ecommerce Website
Job Title: E-commerce Marketing Analyst
Reports To: Director, Direct to Customer Marketing
Location: Ventura, CA
The E-commerce Marketing Analyst is a part of the North American marketing team and responsible for providing data-driven insight and analysis in the fields of digital marketing and customer experience. This person will work closely with other members of the e-commerce marketing team and have a solid understanding of the core systems and best practices in retail e-commerce, vital to the role of a marketing analyst. Furthermore, this person will possess a passion for data, a love for collaboration, and a personal connection with the brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and maintain standardized reports and dashboards to provide ongoing data and insight for internal stakeholders
- Responsible for accurate reporting and tracking across multiple platforms and data sets
- Provide ongoing optimization, revenue opportunities, lost-opportunity analysis that the digital team can act on to improve metrics and increase sales/revenue and customer satisfaction
- Identify traffic and conversion trends by channel, product line, and campaigns, also any abandonment issues and opportunities for improving site conversion
- Create and package management reports; analyzing and interpreting data and historical trends, and reporting on and delving into findings as needed
- Turn business questions into functional analysis – understand the business as well as the data behind the analysis; assess financial impact in terms of sales, profitability, and KPIs
- Manage outside vendors and internal stakeholders in the field of a/b testing and report on wins and losses to enable the organization to move forward
- Research competitors site experiences, as well as outside industry best practices and best of breed online customer, experiences
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Quantitative background. Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics/statistics, social science research, economics, engineering or quantitative marketing.
- 2+ years experience in digital analytics in an online retailer or agency.
- 2+ years hands-on experience and technical proficiency with, web analytics tools such as Google Analytics (preferred), Adobe SiteCatalyst (preferred), or Coremetrics.
- Working knowledge of performance marketing activities such as SEM/SEO, remarketing/retention, targeted display, affiliates, etc. and brand measurement tools, including vendor analysis, implementation, and results analysis
- Experience in implementing analytic solutions, including ongoing maintenance (preferred)
- Experience in multi-channel analytics, including digital and web analytics
- Experience in a Business Analyst or Database Analyst role.
- Knowledge and experience with reporting APIs
- Familiarity with Tableau or other BI solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with e-commerce marketing campaigns with e-commerce goals.
- Familiarity with tagging and tracking methodology.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.