Patagonia Women's High Spy Pants - Regular
These pants are built for mobility on the trail and beyond: Made of 100% recycled polyester ripstop with four-way mechanical stretch and 50+ UPF, they’re extremely lightweight, stretchy, quick-drying and wrinkle-resistant.
- Extremely lightweight, stretchy, quick-drying, wrinkle-resistant fabric (with 50+ UPF)—perfect for humid and sticky conditions
- Classic button front with zippered fly; an interior drawcord cinches waist
- Waistband is partially elasticized across the back for comfort
- Two front drop-in, zippered pockets; concealed zippered pocket inside the right-hand pocket; back pockets have Velcro® closure to hold valuables
- Pant legs can be rolled up and secured with button and tab
- 176 g (6.2 oz)
2.6-oz 100% recycled polyester ripstop with four-way mechanical stretch and 50+ UPF sun protectionView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice