Patagonia Men's Scallop Hem Stretch Wavefarer® Boardshorts - 18"
A stretchy, scalloped-hem version of our tried-and-true Wavefarer® Boardshorts; built from durable and quick-drying 95% nylon (65% recycled)/5% elastane with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Made of a durable, quick-drying 95% nylon (65% recycled)/5% elastane stretch fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Three-piece, self-lined waistband contours to hip; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring
- Contrast waistband; back pocket with button-flap closure has self-draining mesh pocket bag and internal key loop
- Scalloped hem for improved range of motion; forward inseam helps eliminate chafing
- Pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Outseam is 18"; midlength is designed for surfers who prefer a trimmer, more pared-down silhouette
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- 156 g (5.5 oz)
4.2-oz 95% nylon (65% recycled)/5% elastane with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Solid-color fabrics certified as bluesign™ approved
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
bluesign™ Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign® technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice