Patagonia Yulex™ Water Heater Hooded Vest
Designed for maximum comfort under a wetsuit, the Yulex™ Water Heater Hooded Vest extends any suit’s thermal range by adding insulation for the head and core. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex™ natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free
- Recycled polyester content: 51% in the hood lining, 100% in the body lining and 88% in the exterior face fabric; lining and face fabric are solution-dyed
- Adjustable face opening with elastic cord and cinch lock
- Outer-neck baffle prevents water entry
- Glued and blindstitched construction; lining and face fabric laminated with solvent-free AquaA™ glue
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 386 g (13.6 oz)
Hood: 2mm 85% Yulex™ natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% elastane inverted microgrid.
Body: 1.5mm 85% Yulex natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey.
Exterior face: 88% recycled polyester/12% elastane.
Natural rubber is from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Our renewable Yulex natural rubber is tapped from hevea trees that can produce rubber for over 30 years; it replaces conventional, nonrenewable neoprene. The raw natural rubber comes form sources that are Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance - meaning the trees aren't grown on newly clear-cut rainforest land, like some of the world's supply. By replacing neoprene with natural rubber, we're reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice