Patagonia Sun Mask
An ultralight, moisture-wicking polyester mask with Polygiene® permanent odor control that provides 50+ UPF sun protection for the head, face and neck.
- Ultralight 94% polyester/6% elastane jersey wicks moisture, dries quickly and feels smooth against the skin; with Polygiene® permanent odor control and 50+ UPF sun protection; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Tapered design covers the neck and stays put without constriction or tight spots
- Flat-sewn seams for all-day comfort
- Highly breathable fabric minimizes eyewear fogging and muffled voice
- Sublimation print for soft hand
- Easily converts into a hat, headband, neck gaiter or wristband
- Artists by color: Dan Sharley (FFSM); Paul Puckett (TPWH); Patagonia original art (FCAT, FZPR, TFCP)
- 51 g (1.8 oz)
4.6-oz 94% polyester/6% elastane circular-knit jersey with high-wicking Polygiene® permanent odor control and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice