Patagonia Girls' Stand Up™ Shorts
We revitalized an iconic Patagonia staple and gave it a more modern silhouette. Constructed of organic cotton and a touch of elastane, these shorts are ready to hit the trail. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Canvas is durable and stretchy and made of a 97% organic cotton/3% elastane fabric blend
- Waistband has belt loops, button closure and zippered fly with metal zipper and double-needle fly construction
- Classic Stand Up Shorts® front pocket design and double-needle top stitching
- Back pockets have crescent moon–shaped openings and secure with hook-and-loop square
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 198 g (7 oz)
7.8-oz 97% organic cotton/3% elastane canvas with two-way stretch.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice