Patagonia Men's Steel Forge Denim Jacket
For maximum durability, we make our work denim from a 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema® blend. Fifteen times stronger than steel at the same weight, the Dyneema fiber gives this unlined jacket exceptional strength for the toughest and most abrasive tasks; dyed with natural indigo, the fabric is made with organic cotton grown in the USA.
- Made from a burly 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema® blend; the fabric is made by Cone Denim and uses cotton grown in the USA; the jacket is also cut and sewn in the USA
- Dyed with a bio-based dye from Stony Creek Colors, derived from natural indigo grown in the USA
- Button front with metal shank buttons
- Bi-swing back for freedom of movement
- Drop-in left chest pocket; right chest pocket with button closure; two large lower-front cargo pockets; two handwarmer pockets hidden behind lower-front pockets
- Double-button adjustable cuffs and waist
- Webbing hang loop
- 1,021 g (36 oz)
12.5-oz 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema®, dyed with a bio-based dye derived from natural indigo
Patagonia workwear jackets have a roomy fit compared to many of our other styles. Jackets are cut bigger than standard for ease over body and to leave ample room for layering. Men who have a leaner build or don’t wear bulky layers may want to order workwear jackets one size smaller than usual.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice