Patagonia Women's Stretch Planing Boardshorts - 8"
Designed for performance and comfort both in and out of the water, these stretchy and fast-drying boardshorts are made from superlight 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Inseam is 8".
- Made of fast-drying and superlight 100% recycled polyester with two-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Contoured waistband; flat-lying fly with rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring
- Self-draining pocket on right hip has a corrosion-proof plastic zipper with internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Notched seam for increased freedom of movement
- Our longest women’s boardshorts; inseam is 8"
- 94 g (3.3 oz)
2.8-oz 100% recycled polyester with two-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice