Patagonia Women's Pluma Jacket
An unfailing companion on any mountain adventure, the Pluma Jacket uses lightweight, durably waterproof/breathable and windproof 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro fabric with GORE® Micro Grid Backer Technology in a simple yet fully featured, packable hard shell.
- Lightweight, waterproof and durable, the 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro fabric featuring GORE® Micro Grid Backer Technology is the pinnacle fabric from GORE-TEX®, combining the best waterproof/breathable performance in a lightweight and durable fabric
- Minimal seams are reinforced with narrow seam tape for low bulk
- Optimal Visibility Hood adjusts with single-pull Cohaesive™ embedded cord-lock system to work equally well with any type of helmet or a bare head
- Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; one exterior left-chest pocket with watertight zipper and one interior left-chest pocket
- Watertight, 2-way pit zips for venting
- Cohaesive™ embedded cord-lock system has two contact points at hem for intuitive, one-handed operation
- Cuffs feature minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closure and textured polyurethane inner cuff that grips gloves, sealing out the elements
- 366 g (12.9 oz)
3-layer, 3.4-oz 40-denier 100% recycled nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX® Pro shell with a 15-denier GORE® Micro Grid Backer Technology woven backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
GORE-TEX Pro products have a 3-layer construction that comprises a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers for exceptional durability and the option of combining the layers with insulation.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice