Patagonia Men's Gritstone Rock Pants
Our burly organic cotton/polyester climbing pants give day-in, day-out comfort for road trippers and crag vagabonds.
- Organic cotton/polyester blend offers mechanical stretch with antimicrobial and DWR (durable water repellent) finishes to protect, fight odors and help keep you cool and dry
- Articulated pattern and gusseted crotch enhance movement and comfort under a harness
- Zip fly with belt loops and OppoSet® adjustable waist create a low-bulk, customized fit by simply holding the button and pulling the webbing tail to tighten
- Drop-in pockets have breathable mesh pocket bags and lay-flat construction for comfort under harness; low-profile side pocket has elastic Soft-Catch mesh envelope for securing valuables
- Two rear, top-entry pockets create added durability
- Reinforced knees add durability and accommodate kneepads for aid sessions
- 539 g (19 oz)
7.9-oz 67% organic cotton/33% polyester stretch canvas with an antimicrobial and DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
Gritstone Pants fit tighter in the waist than our other styles, so consider buying the next size larger or contact Customer Service for sizing help.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice