Ridgefield, Connecticut/Stratton, Vermont
Entranced by an uphill stride and downhill glide, Nick Russell has dedicated his life to moving through the mountains. Cutting his teeth as a young grom in the East Coast contest circuit, Nick’s riding has steadily progressed to include a deep exploration of the impressive Sierra Nevada backcountry, which he now calls home. Utilizing the simplicity of human-powered travel to reach seldom visited lines, Nick’s true appreciation lies within the process.
- Featured in the film Range of Mystery
- First descent of Chaupi Orco, Bolivia, 19,829'
- First descent of Puma Spines, Bolivia, 18,500'
- First snowboard descent of Mount Muir NE Couloir, Sierra Nevada
- Completed Jive 395, a 300-mile bicycle/shred journey from Reno to Mount Whitney
- Member of the Protect Our Winters Riders Alliance
- Featured in Danny Davis' film segment All in a Dream
- Contributing writer to various snowboard publications