Patagonia Men's Swiftcurrent Expedition Waders
Engineered for fit, mobility and durability, our heaviest weight, most fully featured waders feature an adjustable, quick-release suspender system for conversion from chest to waist height. Details include an interior waterproof pocket, a handwarmer pocket with zip flaps and anatomical booties.
- Durable H2No™ Performance Standard recycled polyester microfiber shell with waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Single-seam construction for durability and gusseted crotch for freedom of movement and comfort
- Fully adjustable, quick-release suspender system so conversion from chest to waist height is precise and fast; top-hem drawcord cinch system; Secure Stretch, no-snag wading belt; front and rear belt loops
- Interior organization: waterproof flip-out pocket; two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: reach-through kangaroo pocket and asymmetrical-zip chest pocket keep hands warm and allow quick access to tippet, nippers and floatant
- Articulated legs; removable foam kneepads; heavy-duty scuff guards at ankles
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume and a more sock-like fit for all-day wading comfort
- 1,471 g (51.9 oz)
H2No™ Performance Standard shell.
Upper: 4-layer, 6.6-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density taffeta face fabric bonded to 100% recycled polyester backer.
Lower: 4-layer, 9.4-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta face fabric bonded to 100% recycled polyester backer.
Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape.
Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice