Patagonia Men's Wind Shield Soft Shell Jacket
The Wind Shield Jacket provides lightweight, soft-shell protection during high-aerobic, cold-weather activities while still allowing excess heat and moisture to escape through strategically placed breathable panels.
- Stretchy, soft-shell fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish provides protection from wind and elements; with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Breathable polyester/elastane solid jersey panels on the sides, back and underside of arms for comfort and heat regulation even at high exertion
- Zippered media pocket at left chest with stretchy internal phone pouch, and zippered pockets
- Reflective logo at left chest and back center
- Elastic pull cord at hem for added adjustability
- Zipper garage at collar for increased comfort next to skin
- 414 g (14.6 oz)
Body: 5.5-oz 100% recycled polyester laminated to polyurethane film with a grid emboss and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Panels: 6.9-oz 85% polyester/15% elastane jersey with a brushed back and Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fabric is certified as bluesign™ approved
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
bluesign™ Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice