Patagonia Men's Baggies™ Pants
Weather-resistant, sun-protective pants for long days on the trail, made of quick-drying 100% recycled nylon.
- Made of quick-drying 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Slim-straight fit: sits on the waist with a regular rise, not too loose but not too tight in the seat and thighs, then cut straight from knee to ankle; best for lean-to-medium builds
- Elasticized waistband with internal drawstring
- Tapered elastic leg opening
- Gusseted crotch for full range of motion
- Vertical side pockets have drain-and-dry mesh corners; rear snap pocket
- Double-needle, reinforced stitching throughout
- 286 g (10.1 oz)
4.5-oz 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protectionView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice