Patagonia Women's Capilene® Air Crew
With its innovative, seamless, 3-D knit structure, our Capilene® Air Crew offers amazing warmth and comfort range. An airy blend of 51% merino wool and 49% recycled polyester wicks moisture, resists odor and dries in a flash.
- Made of fine merino wool from New Zealand blended with Capilene® recycled polyester for enhanced warmth balanced with exceptional wicking, durability and dry times
- We create the soft 18.5-micron-gauge-yarns used in Capilene Air with an innovative airblasting technology that dramatically increases the yarn’s loft while reducing weight
- The fabric combination is soft against the skin and stretches to keep up with your motion
- Built with seamless 3-D construction to eliminate chafe points throughout the entire garment and nearly eliminate all wasted material
- Soft, stretchy elastic knit in the cuffs and hem increases recovery and comfort over extended use
- 147 g (5.2 oz)
5.6-oz (190-g) 51% merino wool/49% recycled polyester seamless zigzag knit comprised of 18.5-micron-gauge lofted wool
Merino Wool Blend
Exceptionally soft, naturally breathable and warm even when wet, merino wool regulates your body temperature, has a great warmth-to-weight ratio, naturally controls odor and stretches as you move.
Our merino wool is sourced from the grasslands of Patagonia. We slow wash it for softness and shrink-resistance without the use of chlorine.
For our Merino Wool Baselayers we blend merino wool with all-recycled polyester for increased durability, improved wicking and faster dry times. The resulting garment provides higher performance in the field, is less fussy to care for and remains exceptionally soft against the skin, naturally odor resistant and machine washable. Our merino baselayer fabrics are bluesign® approved.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice