Patagonia Men's Insulated Torrentshell Jacket
Robust, no-nonsense protection for cold, soaking-wet conditions. The Insulated Torrentshell Jacket takes a responsible step forward by using recycled face fabric on the 2-layer waterproof/breathable shell, and heat-trapping eco-friendly Thermogreen™ insulation. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- 2-layer waterproof/breathable H2No™ Performance Standard shell with a 100% recycled nylon face
- 100-g Thermogreen™ insulation uses 92% recycled polyester fibers and provides soft, lofty warmth
- Center-front zipper features minimal-welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage with soft microfleece at chin
- Insulated, two-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for visibility in bad conditions; rolls down and stows with simple cord-and-hook design
- Two welted handwarmer pockets lined with soft microfleece; interior zip security pocket
- Venting pit zips have welted, two-way zippers with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and dual-adjust drawcord hem seal out the elements. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- 655 g (23.1 oz)
H2No™ Performance Standard shell: 2-layer, 2.7-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Lining: 1.4-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR finish.
Insulation: 100-g Thermogreen™ 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Shell and lining fabrics are certified as bluesign™ approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
2-layer H2No™ Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof and breathable.
Designed for a wide range of uses, from backpacking to snowboarding, 2-layer H2No™ Performance Standard shell fabrics utilize a taffeta or mesh lining rather than a bonded scrim to protect the waterproof/breathable barrier. The lining increases the garments wicking ability, durability and next-to-skin comfort.
2-layer H2No™ Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All products bearing the H2No™ mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our Killer Wash.
bluesign™ Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice