Patagonia Atom Sling 8L
The take-everywhere classic sling design with just the right amount of organization and close-fitting comfort.
- The two-compartment sling design has enough room for your daily essentials
- An asymmetrical harness carries the pack’s load close to your body for all-day comfort
- Two exterior compression straps keep the pack’s contents from shifting around; they securely hold a yoga mat or spare jacket
- Soft and highly breathable mesh on the back panel and shoulder harness provides all-day carrying comfort
- A roomy (and expandable) chest pocket keeps your phone within reach
- The main compartment has a dedicated, padded tablet sleeve for your handheld electronics
- 286 g (10.1 oz)
Body: 7.4-oz 630-denier 100% nylon (50% recycled/50% high-tenacity) plain weave.
Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester.
Both with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
286 g (10.1 oz)
43 x 25.5 x 7 cm (17 x 10 x 3 in)
8L (488 cu in)
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice