Patagonia Ascensionist Pack 55L
Inspired by our ambassadors’ requests for a bigger climbing pack, the Ascensionist Pack 55L is a streamlined and ultrafunctional gear hauler designed for long approaches, lightweight expeditions and full-on missions into the alpine.
- Two aluminum stays offer lightweight support for the heaviest loads while still allowing the pack to flex with your body
- With a removable lid, removable aluminum stays and removable hipbelt pads you can customize the Ascensionist for different objectives
- Our adjustable ice axe‒carrying system keeps sharp ice tool tips covered; it accepts most tool shapes
- Designed with modular, removable compression straps to provide maximum gear-carrying versatility and load stability
- The internal hanging pocket keeps your small essentials organized and easily accessible
- The tall spindrift collar has a dual closure that allows the pack to expand or collapse, depending on the load
- The three-point, over-the-top rope-carrying system can be removed to further streamline the load
- 1,280 g (2 lbs 13 oz)
Body: 5.8-oz 420-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop.
Collar: 2.2-oz 70-denier nylon ripstop with a silicone coating.
Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester.
All with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish for durability and water protection.
Body fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
1280 g (2 lbs 13.2 oz)
26" x 12.5" x 7.5"
55L (3356 cu in)
bluesign™ Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign® technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice