Patagonia 850 Down Sleeping Bag 19°F / -7°C - Short
The 850 Down Sleeping Bag is a real-world bag, built with the best materials available and 45 years of down-construction expertise.
- Ultralight 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® fabric, which features Y-shaped filament technology to create a shell that’s nearly half the weight and twice the strength of our other down shell fabrics
- Liner is made from our beloved Houdini fabric—a featherweight 100% nylon ripstop that provides quick dry times and soft, next-to-skin comfort
- 850-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked) for exceptional heat-trapping warmth, season after season durability, ultra-compressibility
- State-of-the-art differential baffle construction eliminates sewn-through seams to banish cold spots and make sure the down stays lofted regardless of your sleep position
- Low-profile hood is designed to move with you and minimize twisting; it fits securely around your shoulders and head with lightweight cording and concealed cord locks
- The custom foot box has a fully baffled, differentially cut pattern to eliminate any dead spaces, maximize warmth and allow ample room for movement
- When packing, there’s an ultralight stuffsack made from our Houdini fabric (1.2-oz 100% nylon ripstop). For long-term storage, a larger drawstring bag (made of a 55% hemp/45% organic cotton blend) is included
- 831 g (29.3 oz)
Shell: .85-oz 15-denier Pertex Quantum® Y yarn 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Liner and stuffsack: 1.2-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR finish.
Insulation: 850-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked). Storage bag: 4-oz 55% hemp/45% organic cotton muslin
Traceable Down Insulation
All Patagonia virgin down is certified to the Advanced Global Traceable Down standard by NSF International. The Advanced certification level means our down suppliers conducted audits all the way back to the parent farms to ensure there was no live-plucking and that broader humane animal welfare standards were faithfully observed throughout the supply chain.
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation, uses no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Do you own this product? Let us know what you think. Read Privacy Notice