Patagonia Women's Nano-Air® Light Hybrid Vest
The Nano-Air® revolution accelerates. The Nano-Air® Light Hybrid Vest delivers for high-exertion athletes and cool-weather missions by combining 40-g FullRange™ insulation, a flyweight shell fabric and an airy, wicking knit for warm, stretchy, breathable performance.
- Light yet durable 100% nylon ripstop shell and plain-weave lining offer generous mechanical stretch and exceptional breathability, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Revolutionary 40-g FullRange™ insulation warms and stretches; combined with the shell and lining, this creates excellent mechanical stretch and unprecedented air permeability (40CFM on front; 130CFM knit on back)
- Airy, wicking waffle knit on the side and back panels manages excess heat and moisture
- Minimal, center-front zipper with low-profile zipper garage
- Two handwarmer pockets are zippered, welted and low-bulk to wear comfortably with a harness or pack
- Stretch binding at armholes and hem to seal in warmth
- 159 g (5.6 oz)
Shell: 1.3-oz 20-denier 100% nylon ripstop.
Lining: 2-oz 50-denier 100% nylon plain weave.
Both with mechanical stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Knit: 6.3-oz 100% polyester stretch waffle knit with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Insulation: 40-g FullRange™ 100% polyester stretch insulationView The Footprint Chronicles
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.