Patagonia Men's Quandary Shorts - 10"
Lightweight, everyday shorts for traveling, trail and around-town adventures made of recycled stretch nylon with 50+ UPF sun protection and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Comfortable, multifunctional shorts made of a lightweight, stretch-woven 94% nylon (62% recycled)/6% elastane fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Classic performance fit that’s not too loose or too tight, with room to move comfortably in any work or play activity
- Curved waistband follows the natural shape of the hips and provides a contoured fit to help keep shorts in place during movement; metal button closure with zip fly
- Two handwarmer pockets, right coin pocket and two rear pockets; right-thigh pocket with zipper closure
- Gusseted crotch allows full range of motion
- Available in 10" and 12" inseams
- 204 g (7.2 oz)
4.2-oz 94% nylon (62% recycled)/6% elastane with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protectionView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).