Patagonia Boys' Torrentshell Jacket
Made of 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, the Boys’ Torrentshell Jacket is an H2No™ Performance Standard 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable hard shell that’s fully taped to handle seriously wet weather.
- H2No™ Performance Standard waterproof/breathable 2.5-layer recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish for seriously wet weather
- Multipanel hood has an elasticized, under-the-brim gusset for a protective fit and a reflective detail on back
- Full-length waterproof zipper has internal storm flap and a reflective webbing zipper pull
- Forward shoulder seams; front yoke has snapped chest pocket with reflective tape
- Cuffs adjust with hook-and-loop closure
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets with reflective webbing pulls
- Hand-me-down ID label
- 215 g (7.6 oz)
H2No™ Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign™ approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
2.5-layer H2No™ Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
2.5-layer H2No™ Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.