Patagonia Ascensionist Pack 30L
This versatile backpack is built to go light on routes from Fitz Roy to Chamonix, but willingly expands when you need to overstuff.
Learn More Close
Designed for one- to two-day speedball ascents in places like Chamonix and Patagonia, this streamlined yet highly versatile climbing backpack has everything you need, but absolutely nothing more. It features an integrated, asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide and closes in a single motion for fast packing. Ergonomic shoulder straps (with load lifters) match your torso’s contours for 24-hour comfort. The pack also has a minimalist hipbelt and low-profile sternum strap. Four rows of exterior daisy chains provide lashing options for a rope, helmet or pad. Other details include compression straps to carry skis and cinch down loads, an asymmetric profile for elbow clearance and a zippered pocket on the lid for quick access to small essentials. Made from lightweight yet durable 5.5-oz 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating.
- Lightweight, bomber, tear- and abrasion-resistant CORDURA® nylon/polyester ripstop
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal
- Minimalist hipbelt and low-profile sternum strap
- Daisy chains on front and side panels provide lashing options; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Compression straps on sides help manage different-sized loads
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- 5.5-oz 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating
- 700 g (1 lb 8.7 oz)
- Made in the Philippines.