Frequently Asked Questions
Patagonia Returns and Repairs
The following items cannot be repaired: Baselayers, underwear and socks.
Patagonia's mission statement is "Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis." Counterfeit Patagonia product is an assault on everything we stand for as a business. Counterfeit Patagonia product is low-quality clothing, made in factories with abhorrent labor conditions, using toxic materials that pollute the environment. These poorly built products then quickly fall apart and make their way into the landfill furthering the harm they reap.
Patagonia works hard to stop sales of counterfeit product and to shut down fraudulent websites that steal from our customers. These FAQs will help you buy real Patagonia product from authorized sources, so you buy fewer, better products that are eligible for our Ironclad Guarantee.
The website probably isn't legitimate if you are reading this. An increasing number of websites "scrape" our site and its images and then set up a page that mimics the look and feel of patagonia.com. These sites are run by scammers who will charge your credit card and then either: send you nothing, send you counterfeit Patagonia product or send you some totally unrelated cheap product. In any event, they will ignore your effort to contact them, and you will have to convince your credit card provider to cancel the charge.
How to tell if a website selling Patagonia product is legitimate:
- Is it an authorized store listed on our Store Locator?
- Is the URL suspect? Patagonia.com is the only online Patagonia store; we do not have any online outlet or discount shops. Any URL with "patagonia" and "official" "sale" "discount" "clearance" or anything else is fake.
- If the price discount looks too good to be true, it is.
- Contact email should not be a commercial email provider (e.g. hotmail.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com) rather than a corporate address.
- Policies such as shipping, refund, etc. are written poorly or don't make sense.
- When in doubt, we can help you out! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Patagonia customer service.
Patagonia prohibits its authorized dealers from selling on online marketplaces like amazon.com, ebay.com and some other well-known online platforms. Patagonia cannot assure that products you buy from these providers or in these stores are authentic.
Online marketplaces, like those mentioned above, host third-party sellers and usually do not guarantee the authenticity of the products on their sites. We regularly find counterfeit Patagonia products on these marketplaces—even listings that use our images, product copy and otherwise look legitimate to the online customer.
Your best bet to get authentic Patagonia product is to buy from patagonia.com, one of our retail stores or from one of our authorized wholesale dealers, which you can find on our Store Locator.
Please report the site to us at email@example.com so that we can work to get the site taken down to help prevent other customers from getting duped.
It's probably not too late to get your money back by disputing the charges with your bank or credit card company. Keep in mind that you should provide as much information as possible, such as:
- Proof of purchase (email or paper receipt/invoice)
- Proof of your attempt to return the fake product for a refund
- Screenshots of the results showing authorized Patagonia retailers, or a screenshot of a legal notice declaring the website is counterfeit
Be prepared to provide the following type of information when reporting counterfeit websites, or any other IP theft, to us (or the IPR Center):
- Information about the business/individual that violated intellectual property rights (e.g. address, website, email, social media site/user account, IP address)
- Monetary loss and type of payment used
- Type/style of products offered
- Summary of incident
- Contact history with business/individual that violated intellectual property rights
- Any other research or information about the incident