Growing up in the depths of West Cornwall the search for good barrels soon led Patch to places like Mexico, Oz and Indonesia. Funding his trips with construction work, his recent focus has been on Ireland, Scotland and breaks closer to home. With a preference for solitude and quality waves, he's out there whenever the North Atlantic begins to stir.
- Caught his first waves, 1990
- Found perfect waves in Mexico which kicked him of traveling the world, 1996
- Appeared on the Cover of Wavelength magazine, 2010
- Appeared on the cover of CARVE Surfing Magazine, 2010
- Enjoying surfing and the ocean as much as when he started, 2012